Ethical Argument Assignment In Module/Week 5, you must write a 1,0001,200-word ethical argument essay from the thesis/outline that you submitted in Module/Week 4. Please note the word count does not include citations.
Ethical Essay Prompt
Write an ethical argument in which you address the question: How far should scientists go to modify humans through genetic engineering?
Use the Essay 2 Grading Rubric in Blackboard and the proofreading checklist to draft and revise your essay. Read through your paper and check the appropriate boxes on the chart below. If any area of your paper needs revision, make sure you correct it before submitting your essay.
Reading & Study Application Successful
1. Introduction: Establishes the ethical principle and states the essays thesis argument
2. Background: Gives an overview of the situation and provides necessary information about the ethical principle
3. Ethical analysis: Explains the ethical principle and analyzes the particular situation on the basis of this principle
4. Evidence in support of the thesis: Presents support for the proposed solution; integrates a total of at least 6 quotes, summaries, and/or paraphrases from at least 3 credible sources
6. Refutation of opposing arguments: Addresses objections and refutes them in a clear and respectful way
7. Conclusion: Restates the ethical principle as well as the thesis (not in the exact words); includes a strong concluding statement
8. Contains pathos (emotional) appeals, (values/belief) appeals, and/or logos (factual) appeals- as appropriate
9. Title reflects issue and proposal information
10. Uses only third person pronouns (all first and second person pronouns have been removed)
11. If using current APA format, contains properly formatted, title, abstract, and references pageIf using current MLA format, contains a properly formatted Works Cited pageIf using current Turabian format, contains a properly formatted title page and bibliography page
12. Double spaced; 12-point Times New Roman font
13. Uses signal phrases and appropriate transitions
14. References/Works Cited/ Bibliography page includes all sources cited within the body of the essay
15. Checked spelling, grammar/mechanics
Submitting the Assignment
When you are satisfied with the quality of your essay, post it to Blackboard via the SafeAssign link for grading. Do not forget to write your degree program and whether you are using current MLA, APA, or Turabian on the title page and in the Submission Title field when submitting your paper.
IMPORTANT: Fully cite all quotations, summaries, and paraphrases used within your essay, or those excerpts will be regarded as plagiarism and will result in a 0 on your essay and possible course failure.